Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) aim to provide high quality services and this means we need to employ and retain talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are a dynamic and progressive Local Authority.
HDC is currently undergoing an exciting period of transformation and as part of that, our employees have recently come up with a new set of values to support our ultimate purpose of Putting the Customer First. All applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they will help personify our icare values:
- Inspiring - We have genuine pride and passion for public service; doing the best we can for customers matters to us all
- Collaborative - We achieve much more by working together, and this allows us to provide the best service for customers.
- Accountable - We take personal responsibility for our work and our decisions, and we deliver on our commitments to customers.
- Respectful - We respect people’s differences and are considerate to their needs.
- Enterprising - We use drive and energy to challenge the norm and adapt to changing circumstances. We are always ready for challenges and opportunities, and we embrace them.
We have launched an icare video where you can find out more about our values.
Huntingdonshire District Council is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits of working for us include:
annual leave (increases with government continuous service)
pension - Local Government Pension Scheme
childcare voucher scheme
discounted One Leisure gym membership
public transport interest-free season ticket and car loan
training and development
occupational health programme
- Local business discounts within Huntingdonshire
Learning and development
We are committed to:
enabling employees to develop the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to perform their jobs and to develop their potential to meet future needs.
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Mental Health Awareness
As part of the ongoing commitment to the wellbeing of our staff we have 32 trained mental health first aiders covering all sites to offer confidential support to staff.
The purpose of the mental health first aiders’ is to:
- Provide support to colleagues in regards to mental health issues
- To promote mental health in the workplace and work towards ending mental health discrimination
The team of mental health first aiders’ work together to provide a continuous source of information, campaigns, support, fundraising and general embedding of mental health awareness in the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident employer! The scheme demonstrates our commitment to positive action to ensure disabled people are treated fairly and have access to the same opportunities as non-disabled people. We wish to make it clear that we welcome applications from disabled people and that we are positive about their abilities. The scheme also shows existing employees that we value their contribution and treat them fairly if they become disabled.