Huntingdonshire Community Plant and Tree Nursery
Huntingdonshire Community Plant and Tree Nursery is a 4.5 acre site with several special gardens, an orchard, nuttery, potager, cut flower garden and vegetable garden.
The nursery is managed by our Countryside Services team but relies on a team of volunteers to help. We operate the nursery in an environmentally friendly way by limiting the use of pesticides, composting green materials and using rain water harvested in a series of water butts. We also have a composting loo.
Plants and produce are available to purchase at the nursery. The produce grown is also used in the cafe at Hinchingbrooke Country Park and sold to raise funds for the nursery.
Our usual opening times are 9am to 4pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, but the nursery may be open at additional times so pop in if you are passing. if you want to check first you can call the ranger on 07795 237 727.
- winter interest garden
- colourful drought garden
- bee friendly garden – with wheelchair accessible raised beds
- orchard with over 20 varieties of local heritage fruit trees
- three bee hives with an observation hide.
Things to do
- visit with your school, youth group or community group
- bring your dog on a lead (please clear up if necessary)
- buy garden plants and fresh produce (when available)
- hold a social event using the barbecues and pizza oven in the outdoor kitchen (contact us for more information)
- join work parties to help with practical tasks
- join the Friends of Huntingdonshire Community Nursery.
The rangers work with schools, groups and individuals to encourage an understanding and enjoyment of gardening.
Visit the Countryside Events page for details of what's on at parks and nature reserves across the district.
People of all skills and abilities are welcome to help with a variety of tasks at the nursery.
Work parties take place every Monday and Wednesday.
If you would like to join the volunteers, even for just a couple of hours a week, please contact us.
Friends of Huntingdonshire Community Plant and Tree Nursery
The Friends group was set up by volunteers to:
help promote the work of the nursery
raise funds to provide extra tools and equipment
help develop the nursery further.
If you are interested in joining, please ask at the nursery for a membership form.
Further details are available in our Huntingdonshire Community Plant and Tree Nursery leaflet .
For more information about the nursery:
telephone the ranger on 07795 237 727
telephone Hinchingbrooke Country Park on 01480 388666
visit our Facebook page.
We look forward to seeing you at the nursery.