skip to main content
Council Tax

Upgrade of Interactive Maps

We are currently dealing with an upgrade to our website that includes various maps. These include Conservation Area and Listed Buildings, Tree Preservation Orders and Flood Alleviation. We apologise for any inconvenience.

On 19 December 2022, the government announced further schemes to provide certain households with further help towards their energy costs.

The government Energy Bill Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS Alternative Funding) is now open for applications. Applications close on 31 May 2023.

All applications will need to be made directly to central government via GOV.UK and not via Huntingdonshire District Council so please do not contact us at this time as we are unable to answer any questions at the moment. Instead, there is a dedicated GOV.UK call centre for any enquiries or those who require assistance to make an application. You can call the helpline on 0808 175 3287 which is available Monday to Friday 8am to 6 pm.

Households eligible to apply for support under EBSS Alternative Funding, which has been set by the government, include:

  • park home residents

  • tenants who pay for their energy through a landlord with a commercial supply

  • partly and wholly self-funded care home residents

  • house boats on residential moorings

  • households on a private electricity network

  • off-grid households

  • traveller households on authorised sites

  • domestic farmhouses paying on a commercial supply.

Energy Bill Support Scheme Alternative Funding (EBSS Alternative Funding)

This scheme is intended to provide the £400 of support for households across the UK that would otherwise miss out on the Energy Bill Support Scheme as they do not have a domestic electricity contract.

Alternative Fuel Payments (AFP)

This scheme is intended to deliver a one-off payment of £200 to UK households who are not on the mains gas grid and therefore use alternative fuels, such as heating oil, to heat their homes. The scheme is now open for applications.

What happens after your application?

After you apply, Huntingdonshire District Council will check that you live at the address you apply for. You will be told about the progress of your application by email or letter. You should get a response within 6 weeks. If you are eligible, we will arrange a one-off payment. You do not need to repay this money.

Please note that households will never be asked to apply for EBSS Alternative Funding or AFP by email or text.

For further advice on financial support please visit our Helping Hand page.