One Leisure would like to reassure its customers, colleagues and external working partners that we are taking coronavirus very seriously and continually monitor the information and advice from Public Health England (PHE) and national government guidance. We are also working very closely with the industry governing body, UKactive and Sport England.
As such, One Leisure is still open for business across all our sites (Huntingdon, St Ives, St Neots and Ramsey). The safety of our members, staff and partners is our top priority, and in line with PHE guidance we are taking the following actions to ensure centres remain clean and safe environments:
- asking all customers to use anti-bacterial cleaning sprays and paper towels or wipes provided in gym areas to wipe down stations before and after use
- ensuring soap dispensers remained filled and encouraging everyone to wash their hands more frequently
- increasing the frequency of which we clean ‘high contact’ areas
- asking everyone to exercise good hygiene practices
How can you help?
- Washing hands thoroughly and frequently
- Coughing and sneezing in tissues and disposing of them in waste bins
- Keeping a distance of at least 2 metres between each person in the gym
- Not sharing drinks bottles
- Not attending if you feel unwell
- Use the anti-bacterial cleaning sprays and paper towels or wipes in the gym area to down your station before and after use
Public Health England is advising those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures. This group includes those who are:
- aged 70+
- pregnant women
- anyone with underlying health conditions (ie anyone instructed to get a flu jab as an adult each year on medical grounds)
We recognise that some of you will want to socially distance yourself, or you are self-isolating and for a period of time do not or cannot attend One Leisure facilities. As a result of this, and because we value you as a member, we have introduced a measure to allow you to freeze your direct debit, Platinum, Solo, Aqua, Pure or Cyclone membership. This can be done either by visiting any of our centres or calling 01480 388111.
For Annual, Platinum, Solo, Aqua, Pure or Cyclone Memberships please make contact via the above method and an extension will be added to the end of your membership for the period of time you are absent. (Please note on reinstating your direct debit membership, contact must be made a minimum of 1 week prior to the end of the month to start on the 1st of the following month).
We are currently looking at how we can incorporate the principles of social distancing within our classes and allow people to have more room. Some of the options that we are considering is reducing class sizes or moving the classes to larger areas. We will continue to keep customers updated on this as these plans progress
Swim England and the Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG) has reassured the general public that it is safe to go swimming, as the water and chlorine in pools will kill the virus.
We continue to monitor the situation and will update you accordingly. Thank you for your co-operation in these unprecedented times.