skip to main content

Potential Industrial Action - Friday 6 October

Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is preparing for planned industrial action. This is for UNISON members employed by the council.

This is in relation to a pay dispute relating to the pay award for 2023/24. If the issue is not resolved, UNISON intend to take strike action on 6 October and commence an ongoing period of work to rule from Monday 9 October. 

If industrial action does go ahead, we will have to delay green bin and bulky waste collection services on Friday 6 October to allow us to prioritise collecting your household and recycling waste. Garden waste collections that were due on Friday 6 will be moved to Saturday 7 if the action is taken by UNISON.

Most of our services will be delivered as normal, and you can stay up to date with all the latest information about any disruption to services. 

You need to submit a temporary event notice (TEN) if you want to carry out a licensable activity, that is:

  • selling or supplying alcohol

  • late night refreshment (hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am) or

  • regulated entertainment such as music, dancing and indoor sporting events.

You must be at least 18 to apply for a TEN.

TENs can also be used by licensed premises wanting to extend the terms of their licence for a one-off event, for example to sell alcohol for an extended period on special occasions.

Temporary events cannot last longer than seven days and there must be at least 24 hours between events organised by the same person. 

Your event must have fewer than 500 people at any one time - including staff running the event.

There are two types of temporary event notice:

  • a standard notice, which is submitted at least ten working days before the event (working days do not include the day that the notice is submitted or the day of the event)

  • a late notice, which is submitted between nine and five working days before the event.

If you submit your notice less than five days before the event it will automatically be rejected.

Further information on TENS can be found on GOV.UK

How do I apply?

Complete and submit the application form and pay the fee online.

Apply for a Temporary Event Notice

Alternatively, you can complete the Temporary Event Notice form [PDF, 0.8MB] by printing and posting or emailing to this authority at:

Licensing Department
Pathfinder House
St Mary's Stree
PE29 3TN


Temporary event notice application: £21.

Does tacit consent apply?

No. This means you cannot hold a temporary event until you receive consent from us.