skip to main content
Council & Democracy

How do I make a complaint about a councillor?

You can make a complaint to us about the behaviour of councillors, also known as members, of Huntingdonshire District Council or a member of one of our parish or town councils. Your complaint must detail why you think a member has not followed the Members' Code of Conduct [PDF, 0.2MB] or relevant Code of Conduct for the town or parish council.

If your complaint relates to a town or parish councillor, please ensure that this has been through their complaints process first.

You can submit your complaint via our online form or print the form off and return it by post:

Make a complaint about a Councillor online

All code of conduct complaints initially go to our Monitoring Officer [PDF, 0.2MB] and may be referred to our Standards Sub-Committee.

At the meeting of the Council held on 23 February 2022, the Council agreed to adopt the Local Government Association's Model Code of Conduct [PDF, 0.2MB]. This will come into effect in May 2022.